Tee Ball is a modified version of baseball. The major modifications include no pitching, hitting the ball off a tee of adjustable height, a reduced time of play (usually an hour), and competing on a diamond which is only two-thirds of the senior size. It also incorporates an important rule on the length of an inning to prevent a stronger team monopolising the batting during a game.
The games provide a lot of fun, opportunity for rapid improvement in ball skills, hand-eye coordination and general confidence, as well as one hour of fast moving excitement during the game itself.
The Westgarth tee ball program places an emphasis on safe play, having fun and learning new skills. As participants learn more skills we hope to run longer mini games each week. Our program is suitable for children aged 6 to 10 years.
Weekly schedule (sample)
09.45 Arrive, unpack gear
10.00 Start warm up drills
10.10 Skill stations
10.40 Mini game
11.20 Pack up
Westgarth Baseball Club has received a grant from the Clifton Hill/North Fitzroy community bank for the purchase of $1,000+ new tee ball equipment for season 2017. More details to follow.
Key dates (2017)
Tee ball will be held on Sunday mornings throughout term 2 and 3, with the exception of any weekend forming part of the school holidays or part of a long weekend.
- Tuesday 18 April – Term 2 starts (Tuesday immediately after Easter)
- Sunday 23 April – Week 1
- Sunday 30 April – Week 2
- Sunday 7 May – Week 3
- Sunday 14 May – Week 4
- Sunday 21 May – Week 5
- Sunday 28 May – Week 6
- Sunday 4 June – Week 7
- Sunday 11 June – no session (Queen’s Birthday)
- Sunday 18 June – Week 8
- Sunday 25 June – Week 9
- Sunday 2 July – no session (school holidays)
- Sunday 9 July – no session (school holidays)
- Sunday 16 July – no session (school holidays)
- Sunday 23 July – Week 10
- Saturday 29 July – Week 11 (Saturday session to coincide with firsts game at Merri Park). 2pm-3pm. Once the tee ball session finishes BBQ/hot dogs will be served and then the tee ball kids can watch the seniors play from the safety of the batting cage. Note: No Sunday session on Sunday 30 July.
- Sunday 6 August – Week 12
- Sunday 13 August – Week 13
- Sunday 20 August – Week 14 (added due to popular demand!)
- Sunday 27 August – Week 15 (added due to popular demand!)
- If more than one session is washed out then additional sessions may be added in August subject to ground availability etc.
- Children are welcome to begin at any time up to and including the end of Week 9.
Registration & player fees
Player fees for the season are $70 for the first child in a family; $60 for the second; and $50 for the third and subsequent children. This fee includes registration with Baseball Victoria and a long sleeve t-shirt which will be available later in the season. Junior baseball gloves will be available for purchase for $30. Equipment including gloves, bats, tees and other training aids will be available for use.
A limited canteen will operate each Sunday morning. Hot dogs will be the only hot food available.
Parent participation is welcomed. Please contact Dean if you can help out.
Dean Perry Mobile 0419 357 403 Email firstname.lastname@example.org