Tee Ball is a modified version of baseball. The major modifications include no pitching, hitting the ball off a tee of adjustable height, a reduced time of play, and competing on a diamond which is only two-thirds of the senior size.
The games provide a lot of fun, opportunity for rapid improvement in ball skills, hand-eye coordination and general confidence, as well as fast moving excitement during the game itself.
The Westgarth tee ball program places an emphasis on safe play, having fun and learning new skills.
Our program is suitable for children aged 5 to 10 years. In 2018 we are launching a Prep/Grade 1 mini session alongside our normal program.
09.45 Arrive, unpack gear, setup
10.00 Start warm up drills
10.10 Skill stations
10.30 Mini game
11.15 Finish, pack away gear
10.30 Learn tee-ball/baseball fundamentals (hitting with foam bat, catching with soft baseballs, etc)
11.00 Finish, pack away gear
As the season progresses we will extend the session length for the smaller kids
Westgarth Baseball Club has received a grant from the Clifton Hill/North Fitzroy community bank for the purchase of $1,000+ new tee ball equipment for season 2017. We are fortunate to still have all of this equipment in great condition to use again in 2018.
Key dates (2018)
Tee ball will be held on Sunday mornings throughout term 2 and 3, with the exception of any weekend forming part of the school holidays or part of a long weekend.
- Monday 16 April – Term 2 starts
- Sunday 22 April – Week 1
- Sunday 29 April – Week 2
- Sunday 6 May – Week 3
- Sunday 13 May – Week 4
- Sunday 20 May – Week 5
- Sunday 27 May – Week 6
- Sunday 3 June – Week 7
- Sunday 10 June – no session (Queen’s Birthday)
- Sunday 17 June – Week 8
- Sunday 24 June – Week 9
- Sunday 1 July – Week 10
- Sunday 8 July – no session (First weekend of school holidays)
- Sunday 17 July – no session (Middle weekend of school holidays)
- Sunday 22 July – no session (Last weekend of school holidays)
- Sunday 29 July – Week 11
- Sunday 5 August- Week 12
- Sunday 12 August – Week 13 (Includes medal presentation)
- An additional Saturday session will be held in early August to coincide with firsts game at Merri Park. 2pm-3pm. Once the tee ball session finishes BBQ/hot dogs will be served and then the tee ball kids can watch the seniors play from the safety of the batting cage. Date will be confirmed once senior draw set.
- If more than one session is washed out then additional sessions may be added in August subject to ground availability etc.
- Children are welcome to begin at any time up to and including Week 8.
Registration & player fees
Player fees for the season are $tbc for the first child in a family; $tbc for the second; and $tbc for the third and subsequent children. This fee includes registration with Baseball Victoria and a long sleeve t-shirt. Equipment including gloves, bats, tees and other training aids will be available for use.
Registration form download (coming soon).
Gear for sale
Junior baseball gloves will be available for purchase for $30.
A limited canteen will operate each Sunday morning. Hot dogs will be the only hot food available.
Parent participation is welcomed. Please contact Dean if you can help out.
Dean Perry Mobile 0419 357 403 Email firstname.lastname@example.org